Stop Snoring & Sleep Apnea with The Moses®
Are you snoring at night? You may be a candidate for The Moses® appliance. The Moses® is an open-anterior oral airway dilator and one of the most efficient and effective methods for treating primary snoring and obstructive sleep apnea. This custom-fitting, FDA-approved device is worn in the mouth at night to treat obstructive sleep apnea, hypopnea and snoring.
How Does The Moses® Work to Stop Sleep Apnea?
The Moses® is fitted by your dentist and works by moving your lower jaw and tongue forward, thereby creating more space for you to properly breathe during the night. This reduces or eliminates snoring.
The Moses® appliance works in the following ways:
- Supports the lower jaw in a forward position of low muscle activity
- Prevents collapse of the tongue on the pharynx
- Increases volume of space for the tongue in the mouth
- Dilates pharyngeal muscles, lifts the drooping soft palate
- Raises the position of the hyoid bone relative to cranial base
- Lowers elevator muscle activity, reduces clenching, decreases or prevents bruxism
Advantages of The Moses® Appliance
- Activates tongue protruding reflexes resulting in tongue advancement
- Elevates tongue to the hard palate and increases nasal air flow
- Allows lip seal
- Corrects dysphagia
- Comfortable and adjustable
For more information about snoring and sleep apnea treatments or to order The Moses®, contact us today.